LINKS intends to investigate three complementary knowledge domains, emblematic for three crucial dimensions of European disaster resilience and Social Media and Crowdsourcing (SMCS):
- Disaster Risk Perception and Vulnerability (DRPV) intends to assess changes in the citizens’ perception of disaster risks induced by SMCS;
- Disaster Management Processes (DMP) intends to assess how SMCS change the procedures and processes within the crisis and disaster management;
- Disaster Community Technologies (DCT) intend to assess SMCS related technologies used by practitioners and citizens in disasters.
The outputs from the assessment of the three knowedge domains are:
- LINKS Framework, a frame work of methods, tools and guidelines in order to better govern the diversity among the under standing and applications in disasters for relevant stakeholders;
- LINKS Community, a sustainable and multidisciplinary community of stakeholders;
- LINKS Community Center, a web platform for online sharing about the topics of the LINKS project.